- Accredited Specialist in Family Law
- Accredited Specialist in Dispute Resolution
- B.A (Psych.)/ LL. B (Syd.)
- Grad. Dip. Legal Practice (UTS)
- Admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales 1990
- Admitted as a solicitor in Queensland 1992
- Entered on the roll of practitioners of the High Court of Australia 1990
- Family law advice and representation, specialising in complex matters
- Advice to preschools, banks and liquidators on family law issues
- Mediator of financial cases under the Family Law Act and other family conflicts
Paul leads our Family Law Department. His practice includes all types of parenting and financial matters for a broad range of clients, including business owners, professionals, academics, full-time parents and homemakers and clients who work in the not-for-profit and public sectors.
Paul is a nationally accredited Mediator (NMAS) and a collaboratively trained lawyer. Clients benefit from Paul’s skill set, including his diagnostic skills to achieve settlements away from Judges. Equally, Paul is a wise Court advocate and litigator.
Retired Judges, barristers and other senior practitioners respect Paul’s technical abilities and his capacity to provide pragmatic and empathetic advice. They are among his regular referrers along with many ‘word of mouth’ referrals from former clients.
Paul joined Eakin McCaffery Cox as a Partner in 2021. Previously he was a partner at the national firm, Gadens Lawyers after having been a principal of a boutique family law firm at Milsons Point for many years. Paul became an accredited mediator in 1994 and he was a Community Justice Centres mediator from 1995 until 2020. He was a board director of Interrelate, a leading provider of family relationship services, for 11 years until 2018. He also served on the Family Law Committee of the NSW Law Society for 20 years during which time he appeared at a number of parliamentary hearings into the Family Law system, child support and surrogacy.