- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Admitted as a solicitor in 1999
- Construction project documentation and advice
- Construction and defective works litigation
Linda is a specialist in construction law. Having practised exclusively in this area since being admitted as a lawyer in 1999, she has extensive experience in:
- the negotiation and documentation of projects
- advising on strategies during the course of the project to minimise risks and maximise returns
- prosecuting and defending claims of the parties’ entitlements arising out of the project
- prosecuting and defending claims by property owners with respect to design and/or construction defects.
Her practice encompasses all aspects of construction, including:
- claims made by a contractor or subcontractor for time related costs and variations
- claims by the principal or head contractor for defective works and/or liquidated damages
- expert determinations, mediations, arbitrations, and court proceedings at all levels
- adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW)
and under parallel legislation in other Australian States
- claims of defects including breaches of warranties under the Home Building Act 1989 and liabilities under
the Design and Building Practitioners Act 2020
- combustible cladding claims
- disputes over damage caused to the construction works or to third party property
- work health and safety issues
- debt recovery
- statutory demands.
Linda has built up a reputation as a highly knowledgeable and respected construction lawyer who understands the issues and challenges faced by stakeholders and others affected by construction projects. She provides clear and practical advice and is adept at identifying strategies to provide the best outcome in the most time- and cost-efficient manner.
Linda is a member of the Society of Construction Law Australia and Women in Construction, and is also on the management committee for the Australian Construction Law Discussion Group.
What our clients say about Linda...
Linda has been a partner of EMC since 2021. She has worked in top and mid-tier firms including Allens. Minter Ellison and Gillis Delaney Lawyers, as well as with a City firm in London.